03/13/2018.- Valladolid’s International Film Festival launches the online film registration for its 63rd edition, which will be held from 20th to 27th October 2018. It must be completed on the festival’s Website, www.seminci.es. The call will be open until 6th July. To formalize the registration, it is indispensable to provide the organization with a permanent link for view the film (with its password). Alternatively, it is possible to send a DVD copy to the festival’s office by regular mail before the aforementioned date. Seminci will not give back those copies, even if the film is not selected.
The Festival consists of the following sections:
- OFFICIAL, offering a panorama of current international cinema. The feature-lengths and shorts in this section may participate either in or out of competition.
- MEETING POINT, a competitive parallel showcase of first and second fiction films worthy of special attention for their subject matter or style. Short films are also programmed.
- TIME OF HISTORY, a competitive section for documentaries.
- DOC. SPAIN, a competitive section for Spanish documentaries.
- SHORTS FROM CASTILE & LEON, a competitive section for shorts made or produced in the region, or made by directors who were born or live there.
- FEATURES FROM CASTILE & LEON, a non-competitive showcase of fiction feature-lengths or documentaries either made or produced in the region or by directors born there.
- SIDEBARS, devoted to the presentation and analysis of directors, genres, styles, a nation’s cinema, cinema and wine, etc.
- SEMINCI JOVEN, a competitive section of films for a teenage public (12 to 18 year-olds).
- MINIMINCI, a non-competitive showcase of films for 7 to 12 year-olds.
All films entered for the OFFICIAL, MEETING POINT, TIME OF HISTORY and DOC. SPAIN sections must be no more than twelve months old by October 2017 and must be Spanish premieres (no previous commercial, DVD, video, TV or online screening in Spain). They must not have been screened at any other film festival in Spain, neither in nor out of competition, nor have been presented in any kind of event.